Sunday, January 16, 2011

Papa's Girls!

Our schedule for being with Claire and Chloe has changed some since Paula is now on maternity leave. Papa, for one thing, doesn't get to see them as much, because Paula's checkup day is Wednesday every week, and Papa works with his students on Wednesday. Fortunately however, Wednesdays work great for me, so I continue to spend time with them on Wednesday afternoons.

The pictures below show their excellent hand washing habits after going potty. They are both pretty careful to scrub them up with soap. Claire, particularly, will remind you sternly if you happen to leave the water running while she soaps up. They both tell you that we must not waste water so there is enough for everyone and the animals.











A couple of close up pictures while we were talking and playing. As I have mentioned the past couple of weeks, Chloe is getting tired of my camera so I have to be very careful not to snap her picture all the time. It is so hard to resist and doesn't she know I need pictures for my blog?




Papa celebrated his birthday this week. He has been sick with a bad cold or bronchitis and so was unable to see the girls on his actual day, Monday. Mike and the girls called him and Chloe announced that they were going to sing happy birthday but she ran off and Claire ended up singing a solo. I listened in and she sang it perfectly. Papa was so tickled. When I was with the girls on Wednesday I asked them if they wanted to sing to Papa on camera so that he could see them singing. They said yes and proceeded to sing as follows.




We had a great time with a family dinner for our birthdays on Friday night. When Claire arrived she went to Papa and said, "We came here because we love you Papa." This week we are looking forward to a birthday party for the girls on Sunday. Imagine, 3 years old the following Saturday! The baby should be here by then, and so an early party is in order for this year. I know we will have lots of fun with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Let's party!

No comments: