Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snapshots of the Week

Chris's latest fascination is with the little plastic food items that go with Claire and Chloe's play kitchen. He spent lots of time playing with them, pretending to eat, and taking them in and out of the storage box.





He also loves balls and has learned the concept of playing catch. When I played with him, several times when he threw the ball, his whole body went with it and he would crash down on the floor. He always came up smiling however, so clearly it didn't hurt, and besides, he didn't have far to fall. :)





Claire, Chloe, and Paula paid us a visit at the end of the week. Claire used her musical skills to 'play and sing'.










Papa read to them and then helped Chloe and Claire start learning how to print their letters. Papa will be a wonderful tutor for them as they approach their elementary school years. He is so patient and the girls were a great distraction for him as he currently is not feeling so great. They certainly lifted his spirits.






















They stayed for dinner and as Chloe was helping set the table, the quote of the week came forth:


"Grandma, I could really use this knife to cut leaf nodes". As I shared with my Sis later, I don't think I knew what a leaf node was until I took high school biology. Guess I shouldn't be surprised given their Daddy's passion for all things plant related.



Love, love, love, being a Grandma!!! Looking forward to the upcoming birthday week, my Aunt Pat, Uncle Jon, Chris, and Claire and Chloe. Happy Birthday to all!

No comments: