Monday, February 6, 2012

Meeting the Trains!

Claire and Chloe came for a short overnight stay this past weekend. We decided to drag out the old trains that their Daddy, Uncle Jon, and Aunt Suzie used to play with. It gave several hours of fun for them and especially for Papa. The dining room table doesn't work quite as well as the big board setup we had previously, but for now it served the purpose.


















We really look forward to the time that Chris will join the girls in their overnight visits.

Our laughs for the weekend mostly took place at Sunday morning breakfast. We rarely have bacon but when we do we cook it VERY crisp in the microwave. Claire very gently said after I served her a piece of bacon, "Grandma, I'm not a big fan of hard bacon". She tried to be so polite and gentle in her tone. Chloe, after asking for some of the V-8 juice that I drink nearly every morning, exclaimed that it was "so yummy". She took 4-5 sips and then said she was full. Pretty soon, Chloe asked if she could have some milk to get the taste out of her mouth. I asked her, "What taste?" and she said the V-8 juice. I said, "But Chloe I thought you liked it". She replied, "I did like it Grandma, but not the taste."

Loved having them visit and hope they can come again soon!

No comments: