Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall in Action!

The Fall foliage is starting in a big way in Claire, Chloe, and Chris' yard. This beautiful tree is at the bottom of their driveway and two additional ones at the top are starting to burst with color as well.
Last week on our morning with the grandkids Chris explored a bit while the girls did some of their "worksheets". Chris didn't like it when I told him that he was tearing the edge of the clothes hamper that he had found in Chloe and Claire's room. If looks could kill......



Next we moved to the kitchen where the three made some corn bread muffins that we had with our chili for lunch. They cooperated so nicely with each other and the girls were very generous in letting Chris have his turn to stir. The muffins were actually quite tasty and they really enjoyed the activity.  
Of course this past week included Halloween. It is clearly NOT my favorite holiday but I know the kids love it. Claire and I had a lengthy conversation about Halloween and I told her how I felt. She could not understand why I didn't love it as well. Several times she reminded me that everything about Halloween is "just pretend" and emphasized it each time. We did have a great evening at Aunt Suzie and Uncle Eric's house. They had decorated things up, fixed pizza, and made it a really fun evening. Aunt Suzie carved some really nice looking pumpkins that greeted us at the door. The girls dressed as mermaids and Chris was a Dracula type guy. It was a very rainy evening but that did not put a damper on the party. Paula, Suzie, and I walked the kids (including umbrellas) to a very few houses to trick-or-treat and they were completely satisfied.


With the Halloween festivities behind us, we now move towards one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. I am continually reminded how blessed my life is. Thank you God!

No comments: