Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marvelous Monday!

While I can't say that I have always looked forward to Mondays, during this particular time in my life I can say that I do look forward to Mondays! The work schedules of Paula and Mike are such now that the day we normally help out with the children is Monday. I usually arrive very early before the three C's are up. This past week, however, it wasn't long before Chloe popped her head around the corner. I think that she had been sleeping with one eye open because she had lost her second tooth and anticipated that the tooth fairy just might be dropping by, and she was correct. She was very excited about her money and little gifts and told me that she was very sure the tooth fairy would leave something for Claire as well. That didn't happen and Claire was somewhat disappointed. After a couple of conversations about how this tooth fairy deal works, Claire seemed happy and satisfied.


Below Claire still looks a bit sleepy.....


It was a pre-school day for the girls and after they were off to school, Chris and I got to hang out with some painters that had come to do some work for Paula and Mike. I had told Chris he couldn't go down the hall and he was very good. He did take a few peeks around the corner to see what was happening at different times and served as the greeter each time one of the painters went outside for something. Chris would meet them at the door and say Hi, over and over. Chris and I also took a long walk to pass some of the time.


Eventually Papa showed up and the ball playing began. No one delights Chris like his Papa.



The girls came home from school and changed into their flowery dresses that they insist on wearing almost every day now. Somehow they have the idea that princesses always wear dresses. When we were in Hawaii, Paula had packed all these cute shorts and tops and all they wanted to wear were dresses.....which had to be laundered over and over. :) They had some book time with Papa and then moved on to their stamps and coloring while Chris took a nap.








Claire and Chloe never seem to tire of art projects. They really enjoy creating and discussing what they are making. Chloe, in particular, seems to really have some artistic genes. Back in January, when she was still four years old, one day out of the blue, she made a picture of me and my sister. She hasn't seen my sister, Jean, for some time but does occasionally talk to her on the phone. My sister is definitely thinner than I am, taller than I am, and rarely wears sunglasses. This is the picture Chloe drew and told me when she gave it to me that it was when we were younger and still had red hair. Yep, I'd say it is red!





The next picture she drew on that same day is shown below. She told me it was someone named RosaLinda. I'm not clear if that is someone she knows or if she just made up the name. It, too, is quite a good drawing with excellent detail for a four year old.


Claire's drawings are not quite as detailed but she does love color and has other talents (like singing, for instance). Lest you forget her storytelling, I am including a story that I posted a couple of years ago that just came one morning when I happen to have the video on. She is still a great conversationalist and can always carry on an interesting conversation about nature, including plants and animals. Both girls have learned so much about the outdoors, plants, birds, rocks, bugs, reptiles and more from their Dad. It will be interesting to see how, being twins, their interests develop, change, and differ as they get older.  



It will also be fun to see how Christopher develops interests, for now he seems to be interested in anything that the girls are doing. 

Looking forward to tomorrow, another Monday!

No comments: