Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rolling With the Punches!

This past week had potential for some good narrative for this blog. Life, however, doesn't always go as planned, and sometimes we must 'go with the flow'.  The plan was for some extra time with the three C's as Paula had a couple of seminar/classes she was attending. I spent a few hours on Tuesday at their home, and then we were excited that on Wednesday I would pick them up after pre-school and all three would spend the night and the following day at our house. This was the first time that all three were coming to spend any length of time and overnight. We had, previously, had them for a quick over-night when Chris was much smaller, but he was really only here during night sleeping hours. All went as planned until about 3 AM Thursday when I woke up with a 'bug' ....boy, did I,..... I was so sick. I managed to get their breakfast but then spent the remainder of the day, for the most part, in the downstairs guest room, on the bed, and in the bathroom. Ugh!!! I listened as Papa herded them around and tried to keep some order. It would have been funny at times if I hadn't felt so lousy. The children survived even after having a unique lunch of canned Pacific Wild salmon and fresh blackberries. I do believe, however, they had more than their share of snacks . Mike left work early and came to our rescue in the mid to late afternoon. If we didn't have this old two story house it would have been so much easier, but of course the kids always want to go up and down the stairs a million times..Papa, of course, doesn't have that luxury, so let's just say they did plenty of exploring!!

Below are a couple of pictures from Tuesday. Chris is 'playing' the keyboard while Claire practices her hula dancing.




Here they are eating breakfast that I hope wasn't filled with germs from me on Thursday morning.


In addition, I thought I would throw in a few pictures that someday may give Claire, Chloe, and Chris a laugh. I used the best picture of this group of shots on last weeks posting. You can imagine what we go through to get decent pictures at times...just like with all kids. We annually print this blog into a book and in the far future they may enjoy seeing the picture taking efforts. It's all worth it, I might add....









Looking forward to my day with these precious beings tomorrow. Here's to a better week ahead...and a prayer that Papa nor any of the three C's catch that bug!!!

No comments: