Saturday, May 28, 2011

Keeping Up With the Three C's

Chris who just turned four months old this week is becoming quite involved in the activity and noise that is around him. Below you see Chloe, who was at that moment, telling him how much she loved him. She is very maternal with not only Chris but with her dolls. It is fun to watch. Here are a couple of shots of Chris, sitting up in his Bumbo seat and enjoying the independence. Below that, is a little film of him reacting to Claire when she is trying to get him to "talk".







One morning during the week before last, I was doing Claire's hair. I should have had a clue that this phase was on the way, when she had me re-do her hair three times before I got it right. This past week she and Chloe decided they wanted to do their own hair in the morning. Claire, however, re-did her hair every time she went to the potty or did anything near the bathroom. If she ran or played hard she would ask me if she had "messed up her hair". Pretty funny at this stage of life...... Chloe combed her hair several times during the day but it wasn't quite as much of an issue as it was with Claire.









Claire has told me a cute little poem about the Bible that she has learned at pre-school several times and so this week I was able to get it on film.





If you remember, back in mid-April, I put a link to Youtube that showed Claire telling an original story to me one day. It was so spontaneous and funny but wouldn't upload to this blog. I have been waiting for the right moment to give Chloe equal time and this week it happened. After Claire recited the above poem, Chloe asked if she could tell a story. I was very happy to oblige her since she isn't as thrilled with the camera as Claire sometimes is. Anyway, it too would not upload, so I have placed it on Youtube if you would like to see Chloe's original story about her bear and a monkey.




I was able to pick the girls up from pre-school this week and was so happy to have multiple teachers tell me what special little girls they are and how well they are learning. It is always great to hear reinforcement of what you already feel. We are very blessed.

No comments: