Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birthday Week for All Three "C's"

Sunday, January 27th, Chris turned two! Below is a little film of him blowing out his candles that Mike sent via his phone...it is just a bit grainy, but you can get the idea. Christopher knows what to do with candles!


Chris likes to pose for me when I get out the camera and this is what I often end up with.


Here he is playing with one of his new birthday toys. A pretty cool truck that also included a dinosaur.



Here is just a sweet picture of our now two year old grandson!



Two days later the twins, Claire and Chloe turned 5! I was lucky enough to get to spend a little time with them because Paula had a dentist appointment. Below you see Claire enjoying her usual and favorite (at this time, at least) breakfast of cheerios. Chloe on the other hand, requested grilled cheese for her birthday breakfast, and you can be sure that is exactly what she got.
For lunch that day Papa and I had decided for a special treat to take them to the Red Lobster. These girls love seafood and we thought they might enjoy getting all the seafood they wanted. Claire ordered crab legs and then Chloe ordered macaroni and cheese. We were so surprised, Paula, Papa, nor I, could convince Chloe that she would be sorry. Sure enough, when she saw Claire's crab legs and Papa's shrimp she was just a little disappointed. But, as she told Mike later, "it was OK because Papa and Claire shared with me."

The girls are looking forward to a kids birthday party this coming Saturday. They told me when they saw me at church today, "It is only 6 days until our party"! They are very excited. Mike and Paula had a cute idea to pose the girls on the beach when we were in Hawaii with a 'please come' written in the sand. From that picture, their birthday party invitations were developed. The theme is an Hawaiian beach theme. I'm sure they will have a ball!

I am once again so thankful for healthy grandchildren and for the blessing of living fairly close to them. Happy, Happy, Birthday, Chris, Claire, and Chloe! May you have a wonderful year ahead of growing and learning!

No comments: